Re: [ontolog-forum] More on Watson

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:49:33 +0000 (GMT)
Pavithra,    (01)

The reason why I am asking about this topic is that I know of one patent claim
filed in the US where ontology is meant to be used for MT. (I cannot cite the
source from the top off my head.) I myself belive that the correct upper
ontology is suitable for producing high quality translation and I just do not
know what to do with my knowledge of the solution.  I would hate to sell it  to
anyone would then keep it to himself as a monopoly. It is also true that as
soon
as i disclose how the details of my hints fit toghether it will be dead easy
for
anone to write his/her own prodcut (new generation of MT programs with a
capability to document and integrate knowledge domains that can be used
interactively for learning and recording progress in learning in a master and
student setup.
Ferenc    (02)

IBM is a private company.  Watson is their proprietary  NL / question and
answer
system.   Their internal implementation about how they have used Ontology can
be
disclosed only by them.        But other than, we have to rely on what they
have
published to general public.  ( Like Dr. Sowa did..)     (03)

Probably Ontolog Forum can invite them for a discussion.??    (04)

Pavithra     (05)

Regards,
Ferenc    (06)

Attention is the weakest, but a minimum form of connecting    (07)