Re: [ontolog-forum] More on Watson

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 17:01:58 +0000 (GMT)
Ron: So what are you going to do? Try to patent it? Write a paper? Build a
product? Everyone has ideas. It is action that is in short supply.
FK.
I agree that action is on short supply. My power of action is very limited, but
I what i think is fesible. Here they are.
1. test possible recption and level of undersatding on deamnd. Apart from
dsicussing details offline, I sent a rather informative mass of text to Jawit
Kien <jawit.kien@xxxxxxxxx> who has no disclose identity on the forum, so he
may
be a student, or a a party with a stake in the subject. I have not heard from
him since a week ago.
2. I have been advertising my subject in a PhD research proposal form at
various
UK universtities where I do not seem to be able to find a supervisor, because
of
the complexity of the subject.
3. I am going to meet some ontologers for personal chat to see if we can match
interest and directions.
4. I have found out that (my and )this way of thinking is badly needed but
difficult to introduce for various reasons,. Thoise who undersatnd it may have
fears of loosing jobs as translators, which is only partly true as jobs are
already going to give way to crap quality tarnslations and making the
profession
more expensieve and restricitve.
5. I convert the knowledge into a sci-fi modality or a high-sclool curricula
under the heading refeletive thinking and write up a course with lots of
activities and a complete curricula that can be later be programmed into a
piece
of software.
6. Publsihing would block the way to pateneting which is not an easy thing to
do, not that becasu I cannot write up the claim, but becasue of the costs and
the fate of many patents that may delay implementation.
7. I team up with anyone with a reasonable offer as I am not pushing the
subject. I am awaiting the tide, the pull. If I die before, som eother people
will come out and implement the ideas, as it is in the air. Convergence and
integration willsoon have a quantum leap.
I think these are the alternatives. Canb you think of more?
Reagrds    (01)

Regards,
Ferenc    (02)

Attention is the weakest, but a minimum form of connecting    (03)