Re: [ontolog-forum] More on Watson

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 11:12:15 -0500
They will be disclosing quite a bit to their Partners if they want us to sell it.

I may not have to know the deep internals but they are going to have to tell us a lot about how to customize it and integrate it into systems that want to have questions answered.

We need to know where the levers are that control its behaviour and make it handle heathcare questions rather than pick merger and acquisition targets if they expect us to install this in hospitals or investment banks unless they want to hear doctors announcing "The patient died but I was able to give the widow a great stock tip that will make her secure for the rest of her life."

I think that we will see a lot more technical details in the coming months as the trials going on in hospitals start to show results.

Ron