Re: [ontolog-forum] Quality

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Ring <jring7@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:48:08 -0700
I think you are on the right track, now take it to the end. All of this was settled 30 years ago --- in most disciplines.
If "perfection" is not worth it from the point of view of the BUYER, then the acceptance criteria states what likelihood of latent error is acceptable and that becomes the specification for Quality.
The therapeutic effect on both buyer and producer is well documented, in healthcare, and other venues as well as in manufacturing.
I  recommend that Quality of the Zero Defects kind be given serious consideration regarding ontologies even if some software people find it daunting.
Jack