Re: [ontolog-forum] Quality

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 01:08:01 -0500
I have been hanging around here long enough to have developed a very
high degree of scepticism that anyone is capable of producing an
ontology that would survive a posting in this forum as the "100% defect
free" ontology for even the smallest, most constrained subject area.    (01)

To further my concern, in the more secular world, a President of the US
once challenged the public's understanding of the word "is".
It would have been a natural and long-lived topic of conversation here
but the general public failed to see the subtle issues that the
President raised about the concept of existence.
The general public thought that they had a "defect free" understanding
of "is" in spite of the President's interest in discussing it.    (02)

Ron    (03)