Re: [ontolog-forum] semantic analysis was do not trust quantifiers

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 09:55:05 -0700

Ferenc,

Agree completely, but I think David meant that some form of English communication, even if not full NLP would make the user interface more flexible, more useful to the operator.  I think he is right on that, and I think you agree as well with this reformulation of that position.  It’s just a viewpoint he is trying to describe to help illuminate this discussion.

The real issue, from my viewpoint, is just how UNNATURAL the language can be before turning the users back to hiring computer operators instead of doing their work firsthand on the available computers and software.  My experience with UNNATURAL languages is that they don’t function as normally advertised.

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com