Re: [ontolog-forum] semantic analysis was do not trust quantifiers

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 16:11:18 -0400
David --

As I may have mentioned on this list a few times (:-), there's new technology that supports the writing and running of applications in Executable English (EE).

If you use abbreviations and acronyms in EE, its clear what they mean from the human readable context that is also executable.

Of course this does not solve your problem of acronyms in unreadable legacy COBOL code, but it does suggest that such code could usefully be reverse engineered into EE, rather than into non-executable English text that is then subject to interpretation by fallible human readers other than the authors.

                           Cheers,  -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over SQL and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering