Re: [ontolog-forum] triadic sign relations in practice

To: doug@xxxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:04:43 +0100
Absolutely. The "Context" is precisely the thing in which the second
order definition applies (essentially a third order thing, as I
understand it). So the context of ancient Egyptian domestic life is one
in which the "Shard as trash" is defined.    (01)

So in that sense I would say they are definitional - the properties of
the second order thing apply to it as a second order thing. For
instance, the "Borrower" of a loan has a property that it is a party to
the Loan Contract, as well as the property of its identity as some legal
entity.    (02)

Mike    (03)

--
Mike Bennett