Re: [ontolog-forum] triadic sign relations in practice

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:34:48 +0100
I'm not relating them to each other by way of inheritance. Rather, the
relative thing has "has identity" as an object property with a range
that is the independent thing.    (01)

For example if <- means "is a" i.e. generalization relation, then we have:    (02)

Thing <- Independent Thing <- Person    (03)

Thing <- Relative Thing <- Mother
Thing <- Relative Thing <- Pilot    (04)

Mother "has identity" Person
Pilot "has identity" Person    (05)

Regards,    (06)

Mike
PS with thanks to John for the example, it's still the one I use most often    (07)

--
Mike Bennett
Director