Re: [ontolog-forum] Re Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:50:56 -0700
Hi Cameron,    (01)

I'm not suggesting that anything change.  And traditional KR isn't only
about mathematical logic.  It's also about interactive explanation,
patterns, linguistics, perceptions, and many other areas needing improved
automation for knowledge acquisition and rendering.      (02)

Limiting expression is every bit as bad an idea as starting with a bad
design and filling it in with good pieces.  It's the refusal to use any
specific kind of expression that I am objecting to.  Use whatever method
works for you, and if it leads you to novel discoveries, then the whole
world is better off.      (03)

Hope that clarifies,
-Rich    (04)

Sincerely,