Re: [ontolog-forum] Foundation Ontology Primitives

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 17:05:52 -0500

Duane,

   The “Mass” I refer to as a primitive is interpreted as relativistic mass, which has an energy equivalent (not rest mass).  This allows all fundamental particles including photons to be instances of “PhysicalObject”.

  Of course, each atom will also have a characteristic Mass – though the different isotopes will have different masses.  A Massive object in a normal gravitational field will have a “Weight”, depending on the strength of the field where it is measured (varies with location and altitude).  Weight is proportional to but different from Mass.  What is referred to a “atomic weight” is actually atomic Mass – just  a terminology thing.

I’m not sure if I have addressed the question.

Pat

Patrick Cassidy

MICRA, Inc.

908-561-3416