Re: [ontolog-forum] Foundation Ontology Primitives

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:00:39 -0500
Jawit,    (01)

Ronald Stamper is the one who suggested the Japan Wines Inc example.
He said that it was originally developed as a sample test case by
an ISO working group.    (02)

I checked Google, and found about a dozen references to it, and
there are apparently several slightly different versions of it.
That one seems to be the most detailed:    (03)

http://www.osti.gov/bridge/servlets/purl/93755-agx2Lb/webviewable/93755.pdf    (04)

The Hotel Reservation example that I included in my book was also
developed as a test case for an ISO working group:    (05)

http://www.jfsowa.com/krbook/krc.htm    (06)

JK> I don't know, both of these examples are rather large.
 > (as I guess a real-world scenario must be)
 > Can we come up with some that are a tad bit smaller ?    (07)

I agree that either or both would require some work to represent fully.    (08)

Perhaps we could agree on some subset of just a few sentences that
would illustrate the significant issues.    (09)