Re: [ontolog-forum] Event Ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 12:35:58 -0500
On Sep 8, 2009, at 11:56 PM, Rich Cooper wrote:
> Ravi Sharma wrote:
>
>> John, Azamat, Rich
>>
>> We have to agree that Whole is more than sum of parts such as life
>> which generally obeys physics, chemistry etc. For example if a
>> creature (non flying) falls down, it has to suffer consequences of
>> acceleration due to gravity thus life may be lost but not the
>> constituent matter. Thus in some philosophies the consciousness is
>> the continuum that binds it all living or non-living! How will that
>> fit into realism, nominalism or reductionism or will it be excluded
>> by those - by limiting our understanding to living or non-living
>> matter - who have not followed that line of reasoning?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Ravi
>
> Chris, note that Ravi took no insult because he has projected none
> onto what I wrote.    (01)

Why on earth should he be?  He wasn't the target of the apparent insult.    (02)

> You projected my statements, especially the “You’re going to insult
> him…?” which insult he very obviously doesn’t share.    (03)

Do you even know what "projection" means? You should keep your
armchair psychologizing to yourself. For the record, I "took no
insult" from your words either. The motivation for my reply was
nothing other than a rather natural human response to a piece of
sarcasm that was both uncalled for and, given your own bloviations,
rather spectacularly ironic.  I'm willing to accept your claim that no
insult toward Azamat was, in fact, intended.  If so, you should learn
to choose your words more carefully.    (04)

Chris Menzel    (05)