[ontolog-forum] Ontologies in standards? ISO TC184/SC5 OPM Study Group

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ed Barkmeyer <edbark@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 11:43:50 -0400
A couple of months back, we asked this community about the value of
ontologies in standards (and ended up trying to make a standard ontology
for a commonly referenced standard).    (01)

If the attached is any indication, our concern is well beyond the
cutting edge.  This seems to be a group that is about 10 years behind
the curve...    (02)

-Ed    (03)

Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8263                FAX: +1 301-975-4694    (04)

  and have not been reviewed by any Government authority."    (05)