Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontologies in standards? ISO TC184/SC5 OPMStudy Grou

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <edbark@xxxxxxxx>
From: "Mason, Howard (UK)" <Howard.Mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:29:06 +0100
Please note that this initiative is an attempt by the Architecture group under TC 184 to apply the methodology presented by Prof Dori to ensure that its various enterprise modelling standards fit together.  Take a look at the presentation referenced in the call.

You will recall that in early planning for the 2009 Summit, I suggested that there might be an opportunity for the ontology community to apply itself to the issue of a "big picture" of the enterprise and the necessary supporting standards for industrial automation, but it was felt that this might be too ambitious as a first step.

This initiative is looking at the same need.

As usual, if you have received this email, then you are an intended recipient in terms of the automated disclaimer generated below

Howard Mason
Corporate IT Office
Tel: +44 1252 383129
Mob: +44 780 171 3340
BAE Systems plc
Registered Office: 6 Carlton Gardens, London, SW1Y 5AD, UK
Registered in England & Wales No: 1470151