Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology Statement of Work

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 11:22:44 -0700
John,    (01)

I'll defer to other to answer you on the "statement of work" issue ...
but would like to point out:    (02)

Developing an ontology (or a set of standards) is definitely *not* a
part of the Ontolog Charter, as you correctly observed.    (03)

That said, Ontolog has (a) spun-off, or (b) incubated or hosted,
other related efforts in its collaborative work environment
(Ontolog-CWE) - ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidF    (04)

You might want to check out other earlier exchanges in the archives
specifically relating to this.
See, for example,
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2007-07/msg00059.html#nid04    (05)

... and, of course, a lot of members in this community, are doing work
on developing ontologies on their own, for their employers, or, in
collaboration with others who also happen to be Ontolog members (...
but, independent of the Ontolog community.)    (06)

Therefore, the SOW you are expecting may not show up here at all ...    (07)

Regards.  =ppy    (08)

P.S.  members are, of course, welcome (and encouraged) to bounce ideas
off one other here, of starting a projects, say, on developing an XXX
ontology, and then go off and do it under a more appropriate setting.
The ongoing conversation about a Unit of Measure ontology that can
serve as an ontology-based standard (which actually starting at the
recent OntologySummit2009,  for which Ontolog was a co-organizer, and
the host to the archived knowledge of the event) is a case in point.