Re: [ontolog-forum] Last Call: OWL 2 and rdf:text primitive datatype

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 09:46:47 +0300
I understand your concern: too many online dictionaries with contradicting
definitions. After all, dictionary definitions are susceptable to subjective
interpretations.
Nevertheless, there are legacy word resources: Merriam-Webster dictionaries,
unbridged, and the OED, the source of markup languages; see the OED online
(20 volumes, 60 m words), http://www.oed.com/.
I recommend to keep as a table book "the New International Webster's
Comprehensive Dictionary of the English Language", very useful resource of
meanings, often given with all possible associations and connotations. There
is an online service: http://www.merriam-webster.com/    (01)

Caveat: "Since the late 19th century, dictionaries bearing the name
Webster's have been published by companies other than Merriam–Webster. Some
of these were unauthorized reprints of Noah Webster's work; some were
revisions of his work", http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster's_Dictionary    (02)