Re: [ontolog-forum] standard ontology

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:03:46 -0500
Ron,
   If there  are any who are interested in actually refining such a
proposal, it might be appropriate to put it on *some* wiki.  The one you
created seems to have a focus on discussing formal standards, with a side
activity of deriding in satirical terms any effort of the kind I have been
discussing.  The proposal I have been discussing is not aimed, in the first
instance, at creating a formal standard, but at creating an FO that is in
fact used by a broad community of application developers.  If it proves
useful, it may in time be incorporated into a formal standard.  You seem to
have missed the point of the whole discussion related to the consortium
effort.    (01)

If we do get some constructive discussion that would be appropriate to
include in a summary of such a proposal, I will create a Wiki for that
purpose, and a pointer from the existing page.  Anyone else is free to
create a page for that purpose, but I would like to see what kind of
discussion we get before deciding whether it needs a wiki to ingest.    (02)

Pat    (03)

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA, Inc.
908-561-3416