Re: [ontolog-forum] standard ontology

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:43:43 -0500
Sean,
   All of your arguments assume that some company or small group of
companies would develop the FO - of course, that would be uneconomical.  The
point of having the government fund the development of the FO is that the
benefits are (1) distributed among a very large number of large and small
applications nationwide; and (2) larger as the number of users becomes
larger.    (01)

You could also argue that no company can benefit from building an interstate
highway.  That is the nature of infrastructure.    (02)

Pat    (03)

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA, Inc.
908-561-3416