Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontological Means for Systems Engineering

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:18:46 +0200
On Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:37 PM, Pat wrote:
"The point is that ontologies work by describing, and logically expressed ontologies are not limited to only describing finite or discrete structures or phenomena."

That's true. Just to remind some basics from the classic source of the issue: "Quantity is either discrete or continuous.... Instances of discrete quantities are number and speech; of continuous, lines, surfaces, solids, and, besides these, time and place".