Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontological Means for Systems Engineering

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:46:05 +0700

Jeffrey

 I do not mean, however, that they are in a hierarchy of "is-a" relations. They are in a composition relation to the whole, "part-of." The hierarchy is found in how the parts work together.

if I understand you correctly, I think you may be pointing to what in my field of work is caled 'holarchies' (as in holonic manufacture)

see

Computational Intelligence in Manufacturing Handbook - ผลลัพธ์ของ Google Books

โดย Jun Wang, Andrew Kusiak - 2001 - Computers - 576 หน้า
... 2-23 3 Holonic Metamorphic Architectures for Manufacturing: Identifying Holonic Structures in Multiagent Systems by Fuzzy Modeling Michaela Ulieru • Dan ...
books.google.co.th/books?isbn=0849305926...

 The interaction of these may be hard to predict, and there may be undesirable and unexpected emergent behaviors.

 as you seem to appreciate the challenges of emergence in complex systems, I wonder there are any insights in how formal languages capture and represent such emergence, as I have not yet gone that far in my research

cheers

PDM