Re: [ontolog-forum] Next steps in using ontologies as standards

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Matthew West <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 13:30:40 -0000
Dear Paola,    (01)

That my computer is on my desk is a relationship that has nothing to do with
logic, and I would describe as physical rather than logical if I were
pushed.    (02)

But this is really off even what I thought we were discussing. You seem to
be saying that because relationships are described in logic, that therefore
they are necessarily logical. The point I am trying to make is that
relationships can be described without using logic, but some other
formalism, and so relationships are not therefore necessarily logical.    (03)

Regards    (04)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Tel: +44 560 302 3685
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (05)

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City,
Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.    (06)