Re: [ontolog-forum] mKR (was Thing and Class)

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rob Freeman" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 14:38:59 +0800
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 1:45 AM, Azamat <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rob Freeman wrote:
>
> ''We need to generalize contexts. The question is whether we can capture all
> generalizations in one abstracted representation''
>
> That's again the foundation ontology aimed to provide the single underlying
> context for all kinds of contexts, theories, models, and schemes.    (01)

I'm afraid you appear to have simply misread me on this Azamat. What I said was:    (02)

"We need to generalize contexts. The question is whether we can
capture all generalizations in one abstracted representation, or
whether we need to constantly make new generalizations about specific
cases on the fly. I think the later..."    (03)

I think the later. That is to say, I believe there exists *no*
abstracted representation which can capture all the generalizations we
need to make.    (04)

The "more fundamental topology of meaning" I am advocating is not yet
another axiomatization, but something which constantly makes ad-hoc
generalizations about examples.    (05)

-Rob    (06)