Re: [ontolog-forum] mKR (was Thing and Class)

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 21:47:28 -0400
Chris,    (01)

Nothing that human beings do is intractable.  It is true that the
brain does far more things in parallel than any computer system,
but the brain works in milliseconds, while our computers work in
nanoseconds or even picoseconds.    (02)

 > In general, however, the problem of determining when one thing
 > follows from another is undecidable (hence intractable).  So
 > a serious challenge of AI is to figure out how to do useful
 > reasoning in the face of this theoretical limitations.    (03)

Undecidability never deterred any human being.  Just think of
our Decider-in-Chief, G. W. Bush.  If he can decide, so can
any computer.    (04)

If anything would speed up decision making, it would be
emotions.  Just look how fast John McCain chose Sarah P.    (05)