Re: [ontolog-forum] The Open Group SOA Ontology

To: <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Gary Berg-Cross" <gary.berg-cross@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:31:29 -0400
We can all agree that "If I need some service, I want somebody or something to
do
something" and not just provide a model of that.  However, I'm sympathetic to
the idea that     (01)

a model may enable something to be done.  And since I'm interested in practical
help my models might focus on a repeatable (business) activity where
implementations based on service models might have some practical payoff.  So
it need not be repeatable in theory, but in practice this is where I'm likely
to focus my efforts.    (02)

Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.     (03)

http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GaryBerg_Cross
<https://mail.em-i.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GaryBerg_Cross>    (04)

Principal in Semantic Technology    (05)

EM&I
SOCoP Executive Secretary     (06)

The meting agenda should be available on the new SOCoP wiki:      (07)

http://semanticommunity.wik.is/Spatial_Ontology_Community_of_Practice
<https://mail.em-i.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://semanticommunity.wik.is/Spatial_Ontology_Community_of_Practice>    (08)

On Site Phone 703-696-6280    (09)

Office - 703-742-0585    (010)