Re: [ontolog-forum] The Open Group SOA Ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ed Barkmeyer <edbark@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:10:58 -0400

>> DN: On this note, Bob Glushko and one of his friends wrote a very
>> funny article called XML fever.
>
> Eh?
>
> <http://mags.acm.org/communications/200807/>
>
> See the first article name beneath the issue theme "Web Science."
>
> - "XML Fever"
>   By Erik Wilde and Robert J. Glushko
>   "Don't let delusions about XML develop
>    into a virulent strain of XML fever."
>

>> I think Advanced symptoms include a
>> wicked urge to  do ontology work.  The link is here:
>>
>> http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2008/07/doc-or-die-xml-fever.html
>>    (01)

In my collection of aphorisms, I copied this from an email by a former
OO pundit:    (02)

"He has clearly been infected with XML retrovirus, which attacks
the central nervous system and higher brain functions, inducing
intense states of gullibility and suspension of disbelief."
        -- David Curtis    (03)

-Ed    (04)

Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8263                FAX: +1 301-975-4694    (05)

  and have not been reviewed by any Government authority."    (06)