Re: [ontolog-forum] The Open Group SOA Ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: c.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:28:19 -0400
Sharma, Ravi wrote:
> Ron
>
> Just a short comment that behavior can also be extracted by examining
> data or other inputs such as decision and dwell time to accurately model
> the business process.

In all the years I went shopping with my wife, I was never able to
discern the pattern or come close to modeling even the smallest part of
the process.
> Actually clothing stores would be most interested in capturing this
> customer experience as we did when I was at GM to capture the buying
> preferences for cars and even today surveys-analysts such as J D Powers
> are making hundreds of million dollars in revenue due to this data
> mining knowledge even if a-priori all inputs for the process or behavior
> are not known!

I was thinking more about husbands than retailers, the retailer is only
going to lose the sale.
The downside is much more long lasting for husbands.    (01)

I am not sure that men are any more rational but I bet it was easier for
GM than it is for most husbands to determine buying preferences.    (02)

Ron