Re: [ontolog-forum] The Open Group SOA Ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: c.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Sharma, Ravi" <Ravi.Sharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:44:08 -0600
SOA deals with all three at least, namely - Business - Information
(applications and data) and Technical services to cater to the whole
enterprise. The business services are catering to business components
that can be grouped into business functions. Example of technical
service is a web-service for message delivery or for notification or
service for network related management, security services, etc.
Thanks.
Ravi    (01)

(Dr. Ravi Sharma) Senior Enterprise Architect    (02)

Vangent, Inc. Technology Excellence Center (TEC)    (03)

8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 310, Vienna VA 22182
(o) 703-827-0638, (c) 313-204-1740 www.vangent.com    (04)

Professional viewpoints do not necessarily imply organizational
endorsement.    (05)