Re: [ontolog-forum] The Open Group SOA Ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Len Yabloko" <lenya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:34:37 +0000
Frank,     (01)

FM> In the Reference Architecture, we have taken a stance of "SOA as
ecosystem"; a medium of action for human and non-human participants.    (02)

I appreciate you comment. Glad that someone keeps big picture in mind.
It is always easy to find a lowest common denominator and declare that nothing
is really new (in this case about SOA). Much harder to uphold higher standard
and come up with something new.    (03)

OO is software construction and distribution paradigm. Technologies are
language compilers like Java and data marshaling protocols like CORBA and SOAP.
EJB and .Net are binding containers much like circuit boards for software
components built with OO technologies.    (04)

SOA, on the other hand, is software Definition, Discovery and Delivery
paradigm. To see the difference simply replace 'construct' with 'emerge' when
taking about software. Houses are constructed, but cities emerge.    (05)

Len Yabloko, Owner/CEO
Next Generation Software
www.ontospace.net    (06)