Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology vs OWL implementation

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Александр Шкотин" <alex.shkotin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 16:40:17 +0400
IMHO

The ontology is a formal description of some part of Universe (including small parts of some minds, so named "concepts";)

Otherwise why do we need it?

How correct is this description that is the only question for user.

«Formal», as the more mathematics - the better (ask Imm. Kant why;), other reason is that computer is a calculator.

OWL-DL has clear math behind:). And that is a good step forward in the old good area of knowledge bases (i.e. knowledge inside calc;)

Alex

PS sometimes to describe concepts in some mind is much more difficult than subject;)