[ontolog-forum] Report from Web 2.0 and thanks to John, Peter, Adam

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:27:57 -0700
I just finished presenting the session “Ontologies for the Enterprise” based on materials aggregated from John Sowa, Adam Pease and myself at Web 2.0.  While I was sure the session would bomb and have only about 25 hard core ontology and semantics guys, we had between 250 – 350 people in the room and they all stayed for the entire session.

http://en.oreilly.com/webexsf2008/public/schedule/detail/2367

The session was very well received and it is clear a lot of Web 2.0 heads are thinking ahead to semantics and ontology work and how it can be linked to folksonomies for simple tasks such as disambiguation.  I highly suspect some of them might join this forum in the near future as I was asked several times for the URL.

Thank you again to John and Adam and Peter for helping with materials.  I would like to know if there is a good place I can place these slides if others would like to view them or use them in the future.  John and Adam gave me permission with attribution so future presenters should also make sure the materials are okay before presenting.

Cheers

Duane

"Speaking only for myself"
Senior Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com
My Band - http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury
Adobe MAX 2008 - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2007/08/adobe-max-2008.html