Re: [ontolog-forum] What words mean

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rob Freeman" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:29:59 +0800
If you have reasons to believe there is a set of old uses for old
terms, which suffice to all new purposes, Randall, you have only to
present those reasons.    (01)

Here's some literature to address:    (02)

http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~mgl/cl2003/papers/izwaini.pdf    (03)

Also this looks good. But can only find "pay for" sources:    (04)

Title:  Saved by a Metaphor!
Author(s): Charlotte S. Stephens
Journal: Executive Development
ISSN: 0953-3230
Year: 1994 Volume: 7 Issue: 4 Page: 7 - 9
DOI: 10.1108/09533239410795037
Publisher: MCB UP Ltd
Abstract: A new executive role has emerged, the chief information
officer or CIO. Five successful CIOs in five different industry types
agreed to be observed for one work week each. Perhaps the most
important shared characteristic among these successful information
executives was their use of figurative or metaphorical language.
Anecdotes illustrating this particularly effective form of
communication are provided from each of the five environments:
insurance, university, manufacturing, government agency, and
utilities. The ability to read ongoing situations from others'
perspective seemed to enable the CIOs to use metaphorical language
more effectively. In turn, seeking the appropriate metaphor or analogy
seemed to sharpen their ability to read situations from others'
perspective.    (05)

-Rob    (06)