Re: [ontolog-forum] Axiomatic ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rob Freeman" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 20:36:52 +0800
On Feb 7, 2008 4:26 PM,  <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rob
>
> glad you like the ideas,
>
> About dynamic hierarchy, yes too, in the same way. We need to be able
> to insert new 'classters'  as the knowledge boundaries may need to be
> shifted around
>
>  I think the degree to which a hierarchy should be 'fixed' should be
> user defined, and by that I don't mean that individual users within a
> team adjust their own hierarchy to their personal taste (that would
> result in an incoherent model) I mean that depending on the task at
> hand, a hierarchy should be more or less fixable or a purpose for a
> given time.
>
> Was there a specific problem being addressed?    (01)

Finding structure in natural language.    (02)

I like your emphasis on "clusters", and the idea of finding such
dynamically. But I would rather find any structure automatically and
not get involved in a lot of user definition.    (03)

And an incoherent (random?) overall structure would not bother me. I
expect it. (I think it might let the same text store more
information.)    (04)

-Rob    (05)