Re: [ontolog-forum] Axiomatic ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rob Freeman" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 17:32:59 +0800
John,    (01)

Thanks for the references. I wasn't aware of them. They look excellent.    (02)

The extension to chaos theory was purely a guess on my part based on
the patterns you see forming when you try to learn classes from raw
text.    (03)

At a quick glance what Thom and Wildgen seem to be doing is coming at
it from the other direction and showing how semantics etc. can be
thought of as behaving that way.    (04)

So they are arguing that is how language and semantics behave, while
I'm saying that is the kind of behaviour you get when you abstract
classes from flat text.    (05)

I wonder that no-one has tried to model classes abstracted from flat
text in this way before. All existing machine learning work I know of
assumes classical classes. Do you know of any machine learning work
which assumes the classes will be chaotic?    (06)

-Rob    (07)

P.S. Thanks for the reference to Ramsey, Jakub. I understand this to
be a proof chaotic systems are not empty. Do you know of any work
which looks at the amount of information which can be coded in a
chaotic system as opposed to a classical system?    (08)