Re: [ontolog-forum] Axiomatic ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rob Freeman" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 13:32:08 +0800
Hi Paola,    (01)

Dynamic aggregation sounds like a good term. Aggregations speak of
"collections", which I think are a good way to handle meaning. And I
believe the collections must be able to change (with context) so I
like dynamic too.    (02)

Semantic clusters also strikes me as the right way to look at the
problem. Define your concepts using of collections of terms (so they
can change dynamically.)    (03)

Where I have reservations is with the idea of organizing these
clusters according to some fixed hierarchy. I think the hierarchy
needs to be able to change too, not just your path within it.    (04)

A dynamic hierarchy needn't be too difficult. I haven't done it for
semantic classes, but I looked at finding hierarchies for "dynamically
changing" grammatical classes with some success. Perhaps you could
approach dynamic hierarchies for semantic classes in the same way.    (05)

-Rob    (06)