Re: [ontolog-forum] Axiomatic ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Sharma, Ravi" <Ravi.Sharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 20:33:45 -0700

Rob    (01)

If it were pure math (they can afford to neglect current information or
data i.e. devoid of compulsion for conforming to observation), it can
postulate infinite accuracy for position and momentum simultaneously and
not obey today's physical laws?     (02)

But how will they then relate to reality? In life sciences and cognitive
sciences they still can! In that case they are only bound by speed of
mind (Thought) and not of Photon (light). As I write this message, I
have cognitively (conceptually) traversed across universe and returned
but in he same period the photon has not even traveled half way to the
Sun.    (03)

Without such freedom to axiomatic ontology practitioners (and
mathematicians and logic experts), we physicists could not take refuge
in the wonderful Riemannian formalism for relativity, Set theory and
Group theory, Graphs and Hilbert Space for Quantum phenomena or MHD
(CFD) solutions for turbulent plasmas or in complex numbers required in
quantum field theories.    (04)

Mathematics is not necessarily constrained by Information density.
Physics is (as even NSA is) bound by conveyance or transfer of
information, whether through quantum, bioinformatics, other finite media
whether photon, lasers, etc, or through use of so called
less-intelligent life species! Even butterflies and birds navigate
beyond us, dogs can hear better etc.    (05)

"Information density in mind" (or cognitive versus physical systems
based) could perhaps be considered a "good Thread to pursue".    (06)

Let me quote from Sanskrit again:    (07)

"That mind of ours (poor but approximate translation for "Manas") which
wanders when awake, and so in sleep, and which travels faster than that
the fastest of lights, should have noble (auspicious) thoughts!"    (08)

Neurons still allow us to beat at least sequential decisions by apply
our experience and neural networks, these perhaps can be further
strengthened by collaborative synergies such as Ontology CoP?    (09)

Thanks.    (010)

Ravi    (011)

(Dr. Ravi Sharma) Senior Enterprise Architect    (012)

Vangent, Inc. Technology Excellence Center (TEC)    (013)

8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 310, Vienna VA 22182
(o) 703-827-0638, (c) 313-204-1740 www.vangent.com    (014)