Re: [ontolog-forum] Axiomatic ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Sharma, Ravi" <Ravi.Sharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 23:02:25 -0700

Rob    (01)

Thanks for the topic.    (02)

I went back and read it in the context of Turing and halting steps as
well as Hilbert's problems.    (03)

But I am referring to the fact that living and cognitive systems can at
least imagine Non_Physical_World and create math formalisms, just as
higher order Turing machines are not yet physically possible or yet
discovered or solved, and this is so because we do not have ability to
solve many math problems today as in some of physics. People are now
only beginning to solve some math postulated by Hilbert, Ramanujan etc.    (04)

Because of neural and cognitive evolution, hopefully, we are more
intelligent in some aspects of reasoning than (a lower expressive level
of) some animals.     (05)

Thus Turing Machine of higher orders are still like a theory AND ARE
LIKE HUMAN MIND IMAGINATIONS THAT DO NOT HAVE TO BE TESTED BY PHYSICS
ALONE TODAY. IMPLYING THAT LIFE FORMS HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO BE VERIFIED
BY PHYSICAL LAWS ALONE (there is chemistry, hormones, genetics, and
higher order of life that we are trying to understand in biology).
Cognition is a very fortunate quality of human forms, but we know that
animals have ways of predicting Tsunamis, floods etc. Yes they include
in their physical form - laws of physics, you can not save a brain from
gravity fall, but it can think beyond gravity and that is also the hope
from Math.    (06)

(P.S. Capital Letters are accidental typos)    (07)

Thanks.
Ravi    (08)

(Dr. Ravi Sharma) Senior Enterprise Architect    (09)

Vangent, Inc. Technology Excellence Center (TEC)    (010)

8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 310, Vienna VA 22182
(o) 703-827-0638, (c) 313-204-1740 www.vangent.com    (011)