Re: [ontolog-forum] Axiomatic ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Sharma, Ravi" <Ravi.Sharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:07:36 -0700

John
Excellent observations!
In other older cultures where whole numbers and fractions originated,
prime, decimal, fractals were documented.
Goedel's theorem related logic reasoning based but ambiguous or wrong
conclusions are available as well (for example Philosophy / metaphysics
branches such as Nyaya, Sankhya).    (01)

Coming to Physicists:
They have to work with best known physical laws - sometimes these are
very clear and mathematically definable, other times these have not yet
been understood enough to subject them to rigor of math or even complete
logic.
For physicists there is notion of models that closely describe physical
world, often these are revised as more experimental data are included
and often experimental data are differently collected requiring a
loopback and recycling of old models and math.    (02)

All said and done Mathematics has many-many-times rescued physicists by
their discovering it from past work of mathematicians and thus being
able to improve accuracies, and profound examples are relativity,
particle theory, magneto-hydrodynamics and CFD just to name a few but
multiple math and computer simulations techniques allow us to better
understand the physics relating to natural phenomena such as weather!
Thanks.    (03)

Ravi    (04)

(Dr. Ravi Sharma) Senior Enterprise Architect    (05)

Vangent, Inc. Technology Excellence Center (TEC)    (06)

8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 310, Vienna VA 22182
(o) 703-827-0638, (c) 313-204-1740 www.vangent.com    (07)