Re: [ontolog-forum] Axiomatic ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
From: Avril Styrman <Avril.Styrman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:27:43 +0200
Pat,    (01)

when Cyc was initiated, there was no real Internet. Cyc
is supposed to contain common-sense knowledge, but there
is a lot more of this in the web. It feels obvious that
the web in general will be the source of common-sense
knowledge rather than Cyc, even though Cyc is used in
many projects. In this sense, the web as a whole is the
largest ontology ever built. Of course, I hope that people
would get the most out of Cyc.    (02)

Do you think that Cyc will still exist in 50 years?    (03)

Avril    (04)

Lainaus Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>:    (05)