Re: [ontolog-forum] Start thinking about the 2008 Ontology Summit

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:58:35 -0500

Duane,

  I agree with all of the desiderata you suggest.  Handling contexts, examples of use and a simple API are probably all needed to get such an ontology widely used.  I wouldn’t have any idea on how to implement the fail-safe aspect, and that might be focused in  a later phase.  It can be a problem to get any money at all, but it is a legitimate question of whether without including good example applications and an API in the earliest phase, the project would have any chance to succeed.  Those are issues I think we will have to resolve in order to make a convincing proposal.

Pat

Patrick Cassidy

MICRA, Inc.

908-561-3416