Re: [ontolog-forum] Logic As Formal Semiotic

To: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jenny ure <jure2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:10:20 +0100
Pat - it was recorded at the last meeting of a fairly extensive UK
ontology network that was recently looking at recurring patterns in
spatio-temporal ontology development. Could ask if this could be made
available - there seem to be so many common points of interest with the
issues discussed here that can't help thinking that we should have a
joint session some time!    (01)

My particular interest there is in recording the socio-technical
issues/patterns (ie recurring patterns requiring alignment of the
technical and the human aspects of ontologies and other software-
relates to the recent discussions about the 'intrusion of the epistemic
in the ontological'). Anyone else out there with similar interests in
capturing these?    (02)

Jenny Ure
School of Informatics
Univ. of Edinburgh