Re: [ontolog-forum] Two ontologies that are inconsistent but both needed

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Cassidy, Patrick J." <pcassidy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:31:13 -0400
Pat H -
   Could you explain the logical factors that prevent one from equating
a zero-length time slice of a 4-D object to a 3-D object?  It appears
that that is what you were saying:    (01)

[PH]
> Just as 3-d entities have 2-d surface and sections, these things have    (02)

> 3-d 'surfaces' and 'sections'. A 3-d section of one of them is an
> instantaneous snapshot of it, a freezing of it at a moment in time.
> (If that moment is understood to be 'the present', then at that
> present time, this section is very similar to a continuant, although
> it cannot actually be the continuant for essentially logical
> reasons.)    (03)

 . . . But I haven't seen the arguments for that.    (04)

PatC    (05)

Patrick Cassidy
CNTR-MITRE
260 Industrial Way West