Re: [ontolog-forum] Two ontologies that are inconsistent but bothneeded

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Waclaw Kusnierczyk <Waclaw.Marcin.Kusnierczyk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:43:39 +0200
Interesting, if novel, story.  But how does it contradict the theory
that there are continuants and occurents, and that a human body, say, is
a continuant, I can't see.  A continuant is not (not necessarily) a
structure which, at any time of its existence, has exactly the same
parts (the notion of sameness a topic for a separate discussion).    (01)

You replace a battery in your laptop;  is it a new laptop?  Does the
change of the battery make the laptop a process rather than an object?    (02)

vQ    (03)

--
Wacek Kusnierczyk    (05)

Department of Information and Computer Science (IDI)
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Sem Saelandsv. 7-9
7027 Trondheim
Norway    (06)

tel.   0047 73591875