Re: [ontolog-forum] Disaster Management ontology BOF in Delft

To: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:08:57 -0400
Pat,    (01)

I was just pointing out that a perfect job of building
completely aligned ontologies of everything is outside
the scope of human competence (at least for a long time).    (02)

But I was definitely trying to say that there are some
things that are quite practical and possible.    (03)

I agree that something useful might be accomplished by
looking at the disaster codes.  But I suspect that it
would be far less than a complete alignment of multiple
ontologies.    (04)