Re: [ontolog-forum] Big URI

To: Kathryn Blackmond Laskey <klaskey@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:28:13 -0500
>I'm also a Pittsburgh native, but being from a family that valued
>education, I knew better than to say "yunz" (my spelling of you-uns)
>or "worshing machine" (the device that cleans your clothing).  But it
>wasn't till I moved out of Pittsburgh and became the object of
>laughter that I learned not to say the floor needed swept or my room
>needed cleaned.    (01)

Cor, taint alf funny listnin to all thisyer yank
stuff bout krek waiter talk. All yanks sounz
alluzsame to Oi. An tiz a right laf when they yer
me and reckon Im smart cuzzuv the way Oi speaks
English-loik. If they knew ow Oi soundz to summun
from Lunnun, theyud be laffing loik ducks.    (02)

Pat    (03)

>Kathy
>
>At 2:36 PM -0600 4/16/07, Conklin, Don wrote:
>>Having lived in Texas for some years, I didn't see the multiple version
>>of "y'all" used. "Y-all" was applied to individuals and/or groups
>>indiscriminately.
>>
>>As a native New Yorker, I thought "youse" was a similarly used term
>>applicable to individuals or groups.
>>
>>Don Conklin
>>Lockheed Martin

IHMC            (850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.    (850)202 4416   office
phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (05)