Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology and methodology

To: "Adrian Walker" <adriandwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:40:25 -0500
>Pat --
>
>You wrote....
>
>I know now how to map between context/modal axiomatic styles,
>state-based temporal
>descriptions, continuant/occurrent talk, and 4-d modelling. The ideas
>involved are basically quite simple, and can be summarized as recipes
>plus user guides which explain the different 'ways of thinking'
>involved. This covers quite a lot, I think most, of the temporal
>ontology axiom styles that have ever been used. This feels to me like
>serious progress.
>
>Do you have a paper about this?  If not, would you consider writing
>one?  I hereby volunteer to proof read.
>
>                                                          -- Adrian
>    (01)

Most of the actual content is in the IKL guide, but as that is
written to be a user guide its not totally focused on the translation
aspects. I do plan to write (or co-author) a paper with that focus,
not done yet. Thanks for the offer to proof read :-). IKL guide is at    (02)

http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/IKL/guide/guide.html    (03)

especially from    (04)

http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/IKL/guide/guide.html#TranslatingInto    (05)

Pat
IHMC            (850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.    (850)202 4416   office
phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (06)