Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology and methodology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter F Brown" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:32:35 +0100
Pat:
I think you're right, although this does raise the question that's
covered in Jeff Pollock's slide deck (referenced by Peter Yim on the
Summit mailing list[1]): ontologies can be mob-driven, automatically
generated, peer-reviewed or mandated in a top-down manner - are they
going to grow organically and, if so, what's the "DNA" that's enabling
that, or are they going to be built synthetically, by order or recipe?    (01)

The sort of project you talk about could well be the sort of thing that
could attract research funding through the EU's research programme, and
there are people this side of the pond who would be interested in
pursuing this, I'm sure.    (02)

Regards,    (03)

Peter    (04)

[1]