Re: [ontolog-forum] OntologyBrowser

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: chandu <mohan.kodali@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:55:58 +0530
Hi Rex,
 I am sorry I wasn't clear about what I need. I have seen Protégé. But its heavy and infact now I am working on to develop a web based browser that works like Protégé to browse through the ontologies. I am not trying to develop an editor. Only the browsing part for many users, not the Knowledge experts but the Domain experts who are not comfortable with heavy tools like Protégé to browse through the ontology.

I want to know if it is possible to create a browser which can accept any already created and developed ontology and allow users to navigate through the hierarchy levels. Or is it that browser is dependent on ontology?

PS: I have to start working on a browser for an agricultural ontology.

Regards,
Chandu