Re: [ontolog-forum] OntologyBrowser

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Chute, Christopher G. M.D., Dr. P.H." <chute@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 05:57:10 -0600

LexGrid and family come close (informatics.mayo.edu) though one has to map the ontology model to the LexGrid model to define a loader.  Many “standard” models such as OWL are already mapped and loaders provided; the most mature member of the family is LexBIG (for caBIG, the NIH/NCI cancer Bioinformatics Grid – not our name).  The emphasis is upon API tooling and terminology services access, thought the editor (not fully finished) permits browsing as does many simple Eclipse set-ups based upon the services.  Open source, open specification, Eclipse license.

http://informatics.mayo.edu/LexGrid/

The NCBO (National Center for Biomedical Ontology) has a gorgeous browser, incidentally built on LexGrid tools.  They plan to make this source available and locally installable; I don’t think that code dump is ready.

http://www.bioontology.org/

Chris