Re: Database and Ontologies [was-Re: [ontolog-forum] A problem]

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Patrick Durusau <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:30:29 -0400
Joe,    (01)

Chiusano Joseph wrote:    (02)

>Hi Owen,
>
><Quote>
>we only need ONE "database", i.e., the Web populated with valid XML
>instance documents.
></Quote>
>
>Yes - and more specifically, in RDF and OWL as well.

Well, there is the problem of semantic integration. Which, if Swoogle is
any indication, persists beyond adoption of RDF/OWL.    (03)

Not to mention all electronic data is not on the Web and some is
unlikely to be, such as internal accounting information, business
records, etc.    (04)

Not sure how the percentages break down, Web versus non-Web. Looked some
time ago but did not find any credible (or non-credible) sources. ;-)    (05)

Hope everyone is having a great day!    (06)

Patrick    (07)

>Joe
>
>Joseph Chiusano
>Associate
>Booz Allen Hamilton
>
>700 13th St. NW, Suite 1100
>Washington, DC 20005
>O: 202-508-6514
>C: 202-251-0731
>Visit us online@ http://www.boozallen.com

Patrick Durusau
Patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005    (09)

Topic Maps: Human, not artificial, intelligence at work!     (010)